Wednesday, January 31, 2024

frankie

I had the privilege of working with a lot of kick ass nurses back in the day.  Frankie Carrol was one of them.  He left Dyersburg for greener pastures in Memphis and died several years ago.  His sister Molly had t-shirts made and I bought a couple just because.  All proceeds went to his treatment. Since it has warmed up I am sleeping in a short sleeve shirt at night and Frankie's was the one I slept in yesterday evening.  I go to bed early and don't get out at night thus, I am up at sunrise.

I rolled the front yard today and got a lot of pecans but there are MORE.  Daddy and God blessed us with all that so I won't give up.  Maybe I can make enough to pay Mayberry off before mowing season.  This is a big yard with a lot of limbs but I pick 'em up as they fall and the weather is good.  He hates to get his mower tore up with sticks. 

I don't read a lot of other people's stuff because I'm a writer.  I have to tell you that Sean of the South

 has my heart with his blog.  He tells stories much better than me and I always end up going "hell to the yes!"  It is everyday life stuff, memories if you will.  But also an intricate story of all of his relationships.  Like with Becca.  Lots of people send him messages everyday titled Dear Sean.   He has a wife and blind dog and blind child in no particular order.  Dog's name is Magnolia and little girl is Becca. Dude reminds me of Clyde Edgerton.  Pure southern charm with a bit of gritty truth.

I rolled a shit ton of pecans today and pecan season is almost over.  I never thought it would last this long but, here we go.  Rolling rolling rolling! Y'all be faithful and for God's sake....don't pass in the turn lane.  Jesus don't like that ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment