Sunday, January 21, 2024

giving up

There have been so many times that I just felt like giving up and letting other people abuse me mentally.  I won't go into detail but umm...you can look back in the archives when you got a week or two to kill.  The toxic relationships that brought me to therapy at 32 were mild by some standards.  But they were real to me and Bev kicked my ass for two  years exploring why I wanted to be such a "good girl".  It's how I was raised y'all.  I had my moments as a teenager but turned out pretty good.  The UMC has been central in supporting my faith journey through the years and that's worth more than gold.  

There is a part of me that has NEVER given up but then another part that fails to launch.  Poops is sort of stuck in the middle  there trying to enjoy life.  Physical therapy at Dynamix has been a great experience because it's full body.  What once was sore is shifting to the other side and kind of evening things out.  Felicia told me about these cool electrolyte packets that Gay had introduced me to.  It reminded me to stay hydrated which means not just tap water.  

The snow is still hanging around waiting for another one.  This week is all rain but warmer.  Those pecans are out there drying in the sun so I reckon they need to be picked up ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment