Thursday, January 18, 2024

enough already

It happens every year.  Kids are back in school after Christmas break wintry stuff moves in.  We had a decent snow with no ice and were JUST about thawed out when, here comes ice and more single digits.  My propane guy said he has 317 people on his list with me being one of them.  His supplier is not delivering to him thus, he can't deliver to us.  In his words "I don't know what we're gonna' do."  Trucks are not running to stores so I'm glad I have bread, milk and toilet paper.  The older and more arthritic I get the more I understand why Daddy hated winter.  

Lauren and Reaves broke the Elf on a Shelf mold this year and instead had a gnome who acts up.  He made a mess last night and Reaves decided that today is his birthday so they are making a cake for the occasion.  He is now officially the Valentine's day gnome.  

We are soooo not prepared in the South for this type of weather.  I remember back in the day they used to spread cinders which worked quite well.  I don't know happened to that practice but this salt spraying thing just doesn't get it done.  Today's prediction is ice, dangerous for driving and known to drop power lines.  I made an early run to town and it was already freezing drizzle.  

My friend is a breast cancer survivor and has chosen to go the CBD route which  is quite effective in her case.  For the life of me I cannot understand why it is illegal in so many states.  Tennessee is surrounded by states where THC is legal for both medicinal and recreational use.  Good Lord.  It's a plant and could increase tax revenue for those who have the foresight to get on the bandwagon.  Gambling is much more addictive than pot and it's legal here through the lottery.  Go figure.  I'm too cheap to do scratch off so I'll buy a 2 dolla' Powerball when it gets pretty high.  I see people sitting in their cars scratching off their cards and then going back in for more  Lerd, give me 5 bucks and I give you 10.  The industry has, however, funded a lot of scholarships for those in need.  That started the year after my daughter could benefit from it so she took out a student loan to get a BSW.  Worked third shift and commuted to UTM all week.  And there were few jobs, mostly in for-profit mental healthcare..It ain't pretty with a caseload like that.

After she had worked with PCS for almost a year, she came upon a wreck on Hwy 51 close to Trimble.  She was the only one around so she checked the pulse of this woman and stayed with her until EMS arrived.   She was about to be married and her pictures were strewn all over the place.  I have never heard such wailing as I heard from my baby that night.  The lady's friends were all so appreciative to know how it was for her when she died.  Angel work.  Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment