Saturday, January 13, 2024

happy stomaversary

Poopie is officially four years old today and I'm still alive.  The closest call since then was when the 18 wheeler hit me in just the right place to cause a month of stress.  I don't remember much about either event except for the loud horn before the crash.  The entire day that I was in Dyersburg ER, I remember nothing.  Next thing I knew I was at Baptist East in ICU with Asian death wailing next door.  I remember the extubation and trying to talk before that.  They had to hit this old gal with Propofol to settle me down.  

As with any chronic condition, unless you have lived it you just don't get it.  My insurance pays for physical therapy and my lower back and right hip need it.  She did dry needling and a whole bunch of hands on pulls and pushes.  When I mentioned to her that I had experienced MFR treatments in the past she was tickled to death that I knew what fascia is.  Said deer hunters get it more than anybody because when they skin 'em...you know.  There's that stubborn fascia to be cut off!  I want to personally thank Gay for teaching me about the healing arts.  

I'm still running the pecan roller because I refuse to let the last of the crop go to the squirrels..they have already had their share.  Poops is kind of lost right now, which is okay.  We all have those times when we need a friend or ten.  Mamye and I stopped by Hippies at the Pavilion to see Casey Lou and we all about cried.  What a sweetheart.

I hope you get enough snow to make a tiny person and dress it up.  Just enough for a snow angel before the birds track it up.  Back when I had three dogs there was yellow snow everywhere.
Y'all be safe and faithful.  And always remember who you are ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment