Monday, January 1, 2024

the coming year

Time keeps marching on and by golly it is now 2024.  I threw away last year's calendars and planners and starting fresh with nothing but a Norman Rockwell drug store freebie.  That's okay.  My plans change so much I need a big one to write on.  A very dear friend of mine passed away a couple of days ago and I sobbed like a baby.  I met Marilyn through her kids and work and church.  She was quite organized and busy most of the time that we spent together.  Her granddaughter Melissa and BG were inseparable for about two years when the family first moved here.   Marilyn was always charming and playful during our times together.  I was so honored to be invited to her 90th birthday party earlier this year.  I worked with several of them in the healthcare sector so we had that in common.  

I am missing the sound of doggie feet on the hardwood here but am hesitant to get another forever one.  Fostering seems to be the way to go.  I want an Oscar sized short hair dog of any mix or make. preferably black and tan with a bit of white.  No beagles because, no fenced in yard.  I'm'a gonna' sit on this one until Lent and let the Lord work it out.  

All you vegans in Jackson go see Lauren at Little Bird.  They have mocktails too!  She has the skill set to be a valuable team member.  BTW, I had to ask what a "mocktail" is.  I love hummus so this would probably be good eats for me.

A recap of my 2023 would include becoming a published writer and learning how easy it is to burn yourself while serving soup.  That tiny chapter taught me a lot about how teamwork is important for success.  From there I went to caregiving/personal shopper and the rest is history.  I love it but it comes with a hefty emotional price.  

I made the terrible mistake of calling KK right as the Citrus Bowl was coming on.  OMG.  Talk later girl.  I barely keep up during regular season.  One of my favorite New Year's Day memories is of going to the Bruce's house.  The food was magnificent and after that's when all of us teenagers headed for another room to hang out.  Tim Bruce.  Dennis Burns.  Larry Thurmon. etc.....

There is something magical about starting all over fresh.  The past one has been difficult in many respects for a lot of people around the globe.  My prayer is that the good Lord will knock some sense into us and save the planet.  If not, I want to be with my tribe just like in that movie.  Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment