Saturday, January 27, 2024

road rage

I have witnessed two events this past week where people were on a mission to raise hell with another driver.  The first one was somebody in a black truck on my ass on Forrest Street as I was turning left onto 51 S.  When the light changed, I turned and he continued to be on my bumper.  I could not see the right lane because he was obstructing my view.  He followed closely for about 100 yards and then passed me in the turning lane going about 80.  Loud truck and reckless driving.  And then a couple of days ago I was coming out of Los Lomas and walked into a full fledged verbal fight in the parking lot.  Evidently somebody got mad because they didn't yield over there by Save A Lot and almost got hit.  These idiots followed the other driver up to the restaurant and proceeded to start a shouting match.  I just stood there like "wtf" and so did my friends on the backside of it.  Danny's eyes met mine and we just stood still until both cars left.  It was obvious to me that car number 2 followed car 1 to vent.  Lerd, it was ugly!  

I have to admit that I was very pissed off when the black truck did his thing.  But I was also scared.  I am a cautious driver who uses blinkers faithfully following my eighteen wheeler wreck.  Hopefully I can afford the co-pay to continue PT "as ordered."  They are working on my entire right side which is what hurts from the neck down.  My arthritic joints won't pop so  there ya' go.  Osteoarthritis ain't no joke.  According to my rays there is significant damage to multiple spinal spaces.  How nice!

Me and Carol ate at Piggin' Out in the rain again.  We were there before the doors opened and Wade was eating something and off for the weekend.  They have great food and service.  I bought my friend Darryl a t-shirt there that I'm sure he will treasure.  All those people in Florida will be like "where is Dyersburg anyway?"  Northwest Tennessee y'all.  Come see us.  We have Reelfoot Lake and the mighty Mississippi all the way down the western half, dividing us from Missouri and Arkansas. 

Once upon a time I was a shuttle driver for Quapaw Canoe based in Clarksdale, MS.  I got lost a lot on those trips to put in and take out but I learned a lot about the Big Muddy.  John Ruskey and Mike Clark did a re-creation of the Lewis and Clark expedition at DSCC and I saw the story in our local paper.  From that came an honest friendship over the years with river lovers everywhere.  Brian Waldrop.  Bernie Arnold. Jim Jayroe.  Bubba Stafford. Joey Pritchett. This farm is surrounded by the mighty Forked Deer which causes problems at times when it gets muddy, but for the most part is a nature preserve.  Me and Reba watched a show about those little puffer birds today and I learned something new.  Also that she ate breakfast with Elvis and was good friends with Carl Mann.  Go figure.

Y'all be safe and stay inside with your animals.  Keep the faith ^j^  

No comments:

Post a Comment