Tuesday, January 23, 2024

holier than thou

Today is the 7th anniversary of my mama's death and I miss her like crazy still.  She was my go to in a house full of males.  She had been in hospital hospice for about two days before her death.  I was still working there at the time.  It snowed the day before she died, like really hard and icy. My youngest brother Tommy was with her because I called and he drove a long way to be here.  LP spent the last day sleeping beside her after her night shift at the nursing home.  The funeral was cold and slippery at the graveyard.  God bless all those pall bearers and Curry Funeral Home.  This was only five months after Daddy had passed and she moved into assisted living.  Following 2 hip surgeries that she sailed through, she developed diverticulitis which would have required yet another surgery.  My buddy Jimbo told me that it wasn't an option....she would not survive.  So we made a family decision to give her dignity at the end of life.  She did not suffer after that and was quite alert until the end when Tommy saw her raise a hand toward heaven and to Daddy.  Another piece of my heart went with her. The irony of it is that several years later I ended up almost dying from diverticulitis.  I remember watching the sunrise from my window at Baptist East and telling her "hey mama."  I knew that she would always be with me at that moment.  She is watching Reaves grow  from heaven and sending down prayers for resolution.  

Humility is something that I am very good at most of the time.  When i start getting prideful and controlling God smacks me in the face with messages of grace and love and healing.  I ask for the help but I am guilty of like "praying on the spot"  when a crisis develops.  

My immediate family is in crisis right now and I ask for prayer ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment