Saturday, February 3, 2024

it is over (almost)

Patty and I have worked for about 3 months hard to harvest all the pecans that have fallen from Daddy's trees.  O.M.G.  what a bounty.  I'm taking them to sell on Monday and will lift a bag.  If they want 'em, help an old lady out.

Meanwhile, mowing season is almost upon us so I need to pay Mayberry so he will continue to mow this acre.  And Butch is on the top of the list also.  It's so warm I have plenty of gas for the logs.  I don't believe the central unit has kicked on in a week or more.  I open the doors a lot.  Propane stinks!

The peepers are all alive in February fashion.  That's when I know that spring is on the way.  In March, but don't plant before Good Friday.  There WiLL be a freeze.  It got my peach tree last year but those apples just kept on coming.  Y'all be blessed.  My friend Casey's mama died and there is a fish fry up at Mel's Diner to help cover expense.  Ten bucks for a fish plate ain't a bad deal.

I pray for all of us, all the time.  Keeping the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment