Friday, January 5, 2024

train

The low long whistle just ended on the nearby railway.  It's not enough to shake the house but you can hear that lonely sound for miles.  Usually around now.  My friend Joe introduced me to the music of Train and I immediately fell in love.  With him and that group.  He really wasn't into me so that didn't work out but he did get married to a lady who cared for him very much.  I am friends with his daughter and she has lost both parents in a short period.  I can relate girl.

I know a guy whose parents died on the SAME DAY which I think is pretty cool.  One big funeral and lots of leftovers.  I don't care who you are, those sides are to die for.  My Mom was the casserole queen.  One of my favorites was a green pea and ham recipe with, of course, cream soup.  We always had something tasty and her beef and tomato sauce rice thing was a classic.  I remember these things now because I miss her and I like to cook.  I sub with healthier versions of things most of the time.  

New cat has become a bit more friendly by coming on the porch and playing with Rosie.  One of 'em killed a bird on the back porch and left the guts and feathers for Mom.  Thanks y'all.

It's cold but manageable.  I can't imagine being in the deep snow spots like my friend Pax in Jersey.  We had i inches out here on Samaria Bend one night and I attempted to drive through it in a Camry.  Daddy rescued me with a tractor.  He was cool like that.  

BG has recovered from the concussion and it's a miracle.  I've had a few in my life and it ain't fun.  I remember when she was four and Noler had a fishing boat and trailer in the yard on Tickle.  She was crawling around, fell and ended up with a big head wound.  Fortunately we were about one block from the hospital.  She bled and bled and my paramedic friend Terry D Nash pressed a stack of 4x4s to stop the bleeding.  The surgeon on call stitched it up.  She turned out fine.  She and the tribe may visit tomorrow.  All is well on the farm ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment