Thursday, January 4, 2024

slow down

I am clumsy to the max, meaning I can trip over my own feet.  I also tend to be always in a hurry, Lord knows why.  I try to be organized but sadly missed a very important chance to pay respects to some dear friends this week.  I had written the date down wrong on my Norman Rockwell planner..  I now make daily lists in a little journal just to guide me from point A to point B of my life.  Lauren is about as clumsy as me and again, always rushing.  She fell on the concrete at home yesterday and ended up in the ER with a concussion.  Lerd.

My two day saga with Byrum Healthcare is still unresolved.  We made a payment plan yesterday after I paid 30%.  At the end of the day, I found that the entire balance had been charged to my card leaving me with 1.47.  Funeral insurance came out today leaving me in the hole.  I called.  We talked and some very nice sounding young lady promised to mark it as "urgent" and send it on up the food chain.  Not a peep from them, but my friends did get me out of the hole.  I know it's just business and it's cut throat but really?  I tried to make it right and you screwed me.  I got a text that my order is on the way and the FedEx number is not trackable.  I'm good for about a week on supplies.

Mamye and I ate Chinese today and I "forgot" that egg rolls have cabbage in them.  So far so good with Poopie.  I have really enjoyed our daily outings as we run errands and compare drama.  Me and Ms Reba also have quality time every day.  These relationships keep me focused on things other than what I would otherwise doing, like scrolling FB.  

I despise winter and I never used to be like that.  I reckon it's the old lady coming out in me.  But hey, I also hate the dead of summer too.  I'm picky like that.  Give me a 75/55 day with sunny skies and I'm a happy girl.  

Y'all keep the faith ^j^  


No comments:

Post a Comment