Sunday, November 3, 2019

spirit animal

Today's totem is deer, of which I saw a little group of four on Highway 412.  I'd rather think that their grace, quickness and agility are my omen for today rather than the road kill I passed.  Armadillos and skunks I believe.  Lauren ended up not going to work and I woke up not knowing what time it was because my phone didn't change.  Lerd.  We had a nice leisurely visit and she got to take a peaceful shower while Reaves and me played.  They have a coffee table with four small drop leaves and her new thing is to make that her bed.  The child is a hoot when she feels good.

I learned this morning of the passing of an old friend.  I haven't seen him except here and there in many years but we used to run as a pack when we were young adults.  It makes me sad even though he never missed a chance to be a smartass!  He and the guys were the type that claimed Superbowl Sunday a national holiday.  AND the day after.

It was a beautiful day for a drive with all kinds of color and cotton fields waiting to be picked.  Crockett County is cotton central.  It's all about to come to a close after the last stuff is harvested and winter wheat planted.  I love seeing that green when it's cold as a well digger's butt.

Be safe and grateful ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment