Tuesday, November 26, 2019

christmas cards

I know, I know.  It's only Thanksgiving eve eve.  I was at a meeting today where the subject turned toward sending Christmas cards.  I was astounded at how many still do it.  Which is totally cool!  I treasure each and every one I receive but I just don't do it myself.  Y'all know I love you and wish you some happy holidays and all.  A whole bunch of warrior women took on what seemed like a task that couldn't be accomplished and did it in two hours.  That's teamwork kids.

It's quite blustery today.  Warm enough but with a strong wind.  As I was talking to one of the pickers today the heavens opened up and I almost had to pull over in Southtown because I couldn't see.  What really irritates me is these fools who drive with their lights off in the pouring rain or at dawn or dusk.  Please think of the safety of others.  

Tomorrow will be cooking day which is when I make a thousand deviled eggs  Dressing is frozen and ready to cook.  Other sides are simple.  It's those dang eggs that are so much work!  But man do I love them.  

The next person who annoyed me was a chick parked at the gas tank at the chicken store talking on her phone.  I had to maneuver every which a way to get to a pump after sitting behind her glaring for a few minutes.  Chickie got out, went into the store and never bought gas.  OMG.  

I went on a country girl binge last night and fried a whole pack of fresh chicken filets, southern style.  Now, I'm not used to eating like that so you can imagine what it did to my gut.  I'll spare the details.  

There is a little town about 30 minutes away from here, give or take.  They have cancelled their Christmas parade because of social media controversy over an "inclusive" float featuring a rainbow.  Knowing that county, and West Tennessee as a whole, that doesn't surprise me.  But it makes me sick.

I am thankful for a lot of things which I talk about daily.  I rarely say thank you to the ones who come to read, comment and like.  You are the ones who keep me writing.  And smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment