Wednesday, November 21, 2018

twas the day before thanksgiving

Back in the day I would be knee deep in food preparation but not this year.  I had forgotten that my 87 year old cousin named Connie from Utah was planning a road trip (yikes) to here and Florida for Thanksgiving.  He called today to say he made it as far as Santa Fe and ended up in the hospital.  I was worried about him making the trip, to say the least.  "Maybe next year" he said.  What an eternal optimist.  He always sends me cards for every occasion and mails them to Bubba's house.  It's a ritual.  

The doctor was tickled to death that I brought my own lab results and said that it made his day!  He thanked me over and over again.  All looked well according to him so he actually gave me a year's worth of refills!  My BP was 168/70 which is a constant conundrum with me.  When I take the med to bring the top number down it knocks the bottom one down to walking through quick sand mode.  There's got to be a happy medium.  I missed exercise today so the dogs and I took a hike down the hill and back.  Even when I'm walking, I focus on my breathing.  

My next writing assignment is due in January so I have plenty of time to get pictures and more interviews.  My dumb ass went for the initial interview at the sheriff's department with no memory card in the camera.  Duh.  What can I say.  It was a blonde moment even though I'm auburn now.  

I am thankful for so many things I could not begin to list them all.  My heart is full with gratitude for the people who have stuck with me and mine during the hard times and celebrated the good ones.  I feel at peace most of the time which is a blessing in itself.  Letting go of control does a spirit good.

On my way to church Sunday I noticed a perfect cross in the clear blue sky made from jet trails.  I took it as a sign that I was headed where I needed to go and that blessings would arrive, which they did.  My faith needed that boost.  

Y'all don't eat too much and PLEASE don't have salad.  That E Coli strain in the romaine is wicked.  It has been linked to contaminated canal water somewhere or another.  Meanwhile, Ivanka did the same thing that HRC did only according to Daddy it's "different."  Um.  Okay then.

Gobble Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment