Wednesday, November 28, 2018

randomly bittersweet

Today was back on 412 day to check on Lauren's progress post-op.  She's hurting but it's only been two days.  Tomorrow should be the worst of it.  She's religious with the ice and a friend is giving her pain meds at the appointed time.  She gets around well on crutches and a friend of hers and I helped her wash her hair in the sink and do a ho' bath.  The worst part is not being able to take care of Reaves.  She is being passed around among the tribe.  My presence allowed them some time together today which she has sorely missed.  They both started crying when I took her back to Auntie Erica but she went straight to Bo's hip.  

I was sitting outside while they were sleeping and heard a very distraught young lady down the way on the phone.  I figured it was Sam's daughter so I went down and introduced myself.  We talked about how hard it is to provide hospice care at home and what a toll it takes on the family.  She vented and I just listened and hugged.  Granny Jo was inside so I got to see her and I snuck into Sam's room to tell him I loved him and kissed his forehead.  I think he knew.  

No comments:

Post a Comment