Wednesday, November 14, 2018

take a deep breath

One of the things I love most about yoga is the concentration on breathing.  So many times we take shallow breaths and practicing yoga helps to focus on taking deliberate breaths in and out during moves.  I had errands to get done before the "wintry mix" hit so I skipped the core and bought 50 lbs of dog food which I now cannot unload without help.  Then I met a couple of friends for lunch and the ice started falling pretty steady.  Snow, I can handle unless it's 8 inches.  Ice is a whole 'nother story.  That is how I tore my subscapularis tendon in half four years ago.  I heard it snap as i hit the icy parking lot.  

While we were having lunch I got to visit with a couple of other dear friends whom I have not seen in eons.  Jere T and Aleece and I chatted at length before I hit the road. School was let out early and I heard that the grocery stores were a madhouse.  Probably not a loaf of bread to be had anywhere.

A Christmas miracle has appeared and I will be getting a cut and color tomorrow compliments of Headlines.  Lord, I go all the way back with this bunch.  This came, as if by magic, when I was at my lowest point yesterday.  I love it when that happens.  

Plans are for me to go to Jackson on Saturday to see my girls.  This, without the driving glasses that Ellie ate.  At least the weather should be nice by then.  

Y'all all stay merry and bright.  And keep the faith ^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment