Monday, November 12, 2018

rainy days and mondays

I should know better than to read the news because it infuriates me.  In one morning, I've read two stories that makes it all seem ass backwards.  As troops are deployed to the border to put up barbed wire for the "invasion" the Department of Veteran's affairs is not paying vets for housing and education as agreed, so many of them are homeless.  Trump is running his mouth 24/7 doing everything he can to polarize the country.  I imagine he is scared of what's gonna' happen with the new Congress.  He has stretched his powers way beyond the limits of the Constitution on more than one issue including the dismissal of Sessions and Rosenstein.  And that's just ONE example.  It makes me literally sick.   I do not understand those who blindly follow him.  It's like a cult.

And the fires rage on in California.  Not climate change, of course.  Neither are the extreme deviations in weather patterns world wide.  Those who deny are a part of the cult because science ( remember that subject? ) has proven time and time again that global warming is real and causing climate change.  I remember hearing that 20 years ago and not really grasping the reality of it.  

These are dangerous times.  When white supremacy is accepted as the norm and embraced by so many, it pits us against each other.  There is no chance for peace or compromise with these people nor with Trump.  A friend sent me an article about a fundamentalist pastor who has proclaimed that yoga is "of the devil."  The poses are designed to open up to evil spirits, yada yada.  All I can do is shake my head.  

There's a dead skunk on Samaria Bend which I have carefully navigated twice this morning knowing from experience what happens when you run over one.  Ellie still has a faint odor of skunk stink.  I spoke with someone about a prospective client today and she was brutally honest about the job which I declined because of lifting.  I have to baby these shoulders, for real.  

Otherwise, it's all unicorns and rainbows.  Day by day I count my blessings as I see what people are suffering with.  I'm pretty much alone in this world family wise except for my brothers, two cousins, and Lauren and Reaves.  That is more than many have so I am blessed.  In addition I have a lot of friends looking out for me.  We do welfare checks and compare bank balances and whatnot.  It ain't pretty a lot of times, but it is what it is and we have to stick together.  It takes a village.

My daughter posted something about emotional sobriety which rang true with me.  All good points about self awareness and letting go of the past.  Owning your own emotional issues and not blaming are key.  There have been times in my life where I've played the victim with academy award winning angst.  I am not a victim at all, just a product of my own choices.  

I also read a piece about the emotional toll on the pathologists who do autopsies on mass shooting victims and the horror that they take home with them from the job.  These shooting VICTIMS are truly a sign of our times and they are becoming more and more commonplace.  Never forget.

Suppression of the MSM is dangerous to say the least.  Jim Acosta is a prime example.  The man asked straightforward honest questions and had his White House press credentials taken away.  Sounds like he was baited into it.  Just another way to get rid of somebody who doesn't idolize the POTUS.

I haven't been on a rant in a long while so this is my day to vent.  I still see lots of goodness in the world as we cling to each other through the hard times and I try to hold that thought but I know too much to play Pollyanna.  Sometimes I wish I was oblivious to it all.  

Peace and grace to you and yours ~















1 comment: