Saturday, November 3, 2018

for hire

I didn't have a clue what I was getting into but I took on the job of stuffing envelopes for a local candidate whom I admire.  There was a timeline of course, and one delivery made to USPS yesterday.  I brought the rest home and proceeded to sticker the remaining envelopes, then fold.  It wasn't until this morning when the stuffing started that I realized how wonky I had been when folding.  We refolded and stuffed and folded some more and stuffed some more.  Getting to know each other better was a huge blessing.  We beat the clock.  Kinda' sorta.  

Ellie has eaten three of my five bras.  Hell, I needed new ones anyway.  When I headed out this morning the fog was DENSE as in "turn on your lights fool."  By the time I got home the sun had burned through it and it's quite nice out.  The golf course will probably be packed.  I haven't walked in a few days because I've been so busy.  And tomorrow?  More rain.  Meh.

I have decided that for me, personally, a once a day glance at the headlines will do.  Until this election is over there is no news unless the caravan makes it to the border which is unlikely.  Meanwhile the circus continues.  With no ringmaster!

What strikes me the most about these mid-terms is the use of the words "Christian values" and morals and whatnot.  Jesus would NOT be pleased with what's going on in my opinion and faith.  Exclusion is not okay.  Ever.

See how well I've adjusted to withdrawing from the big picture?  I see it and go with the flow.  It is, most definitely, out of my hands.  And with that, comes an easy peaceful feeling ^j^









No comments:

Post a Comment