Friday, March 9, 2018

self care day

I set my alarm for the wrong time so it's a good thing I got a text to wake me up with 30 minutes to get to the dentist.  The text was bad news....Rachel telling me that her granny passed away.  It was expected, and a welcome relief from watching her in such pain.  I've been in their shoes and know the way it plays out.  Ms Delores and Ms Kathy Cook were there for my Mama all.the.time after Daddy died.  The Cooks and Ms Reba are the only ones left from their old crowd of running buddies.  Well, Frank and Barbara too.I always remember Daddy calling Pop "ski baby" and I got told the history of that moniker at the funeral home, where else.  Better pull out my black pants.

I had a very good treatment by Gay the wonder therapist while Huck supervised.  He gets into the vibes of all that energy and comes out kind of dozified like me.  When I got home I was unloading the car and Mr. FedEx backed in with my freakin' bad ass Brooks running shoes.  Not that I'm gonna run or anything but boy do they feel like walking on air.  If I buy a good pair of Clarks for dress up and a few sale tops, I'm in business.  

My boss called yesterday to give me a heads up that the sick time is out as of today's pay and I have a week's vaPrtion after that.  Yet STILL SunFinancial is sitting on my request for LTD so I don't know what my numbers are to a) purchase insurance and b) petition the judge to lower my BK payment.  As of June I'm 3 years in with another 2 to go.  Always remember: predatory lending is the devil.

I saw my friend Mike at one of his stores today and he's about 20 pounds lighter and taking it easy for a bit to deal with health issues.  It was good to hug his neck and show pictures of Reaves and Lauren.  She was almost the night manager of the first store until she forgot to lock the door one night as she left. Ooops!  Mike wanted to keep her but brother said "no way."  

She's shopping as I type at the Bemis Wallyworld.  It's a treat for her just to get out of the apartment andother people besides the tribe and work peeps.  We're working toward an overnighter so she can get my new TV going.  Hey...I never claimed to be a tech genius.  

Grace and peace be with us ~

No comments:

Post a Comment