Saturday, March 31, 2018

pro bono

I just spent a couple of hours at my old stomping grounds showing somebody how to do what I did reporting wise in the transfusion service.  Which is  LOT to grasp because it's all on paper.  I promised to come home and write it all down for her before I forget what to do.  Because of the sale, their LIS will more than likely change anyway.  Along with everything else!

They were all happy to see me and we hugged and they begged me to come back and I stood firm.  My life is just too good right now to go backwards.  The past year has been a booger for transistions not only in the lab staff but also in my personal life with the birth of Reaves.  

As I passed the corner of Main and McGaughey I noticed folks covering  chicken wire on the cross with the magnolia leaves that serve as backdrop for all the flowers.  Ms Amelia was right out there amongst 'em.  My plans are to go with Wanda.  It'll be a first for her.  

I glanced at the little magazine at the gas station called A Page In Time and thought I recognized the picture on front of a band because I suspected it was the one my grandfather was in.  Indeed, listed in the membership were Harold Reaves and his brothers Marvin and Johnnie on trombone, clarinet and clarinet respectively.  It was called the Podyco Band under the direction of Bowde Poston.  Interesting stuff!

I hope that you all have a blessed Easter wherever or whomever you are with.  It is a time to rejoice the miracle of never ending life.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment