Saturday, February 17, 2018

wonky

I've been in the house for so long that I've escaped most of the diseases that are terrorizing folks.  I guess my luck ran out because when I got up this morning I was walking into doors and walls to get to the bathroom.  Dizzy headed and nauseated.  Could be vertigo.  Who knows, but I threw up and felt better.  I know, that's too much information!

I was gonna' title this post "Janie's got a gun" but figured I'd have the FBI on me in a heartbeat so just no.  If I did have one?  It would be a double barrel shotgun to blow out the wall of my house in case somebody gets crazy.  I also have a couple of very nice knives compliments of Watson.  What I simply DO NOT get is the trolling and arguing and bickering surrounding the sale of repeating weapons.  I have been called, in no particular order, things like stupid, demolibtard, bleeding heart liberal, and on and on.  Guns don't kill people.  People with guns kill people.  How did they get those guns...and that many of them?  These people fly under the radar thanks to the NRA aka contributor of millions to political campaigns.  How did our country get to the point where we are that divided over an issue?  I am not anti-gun.  If you do your history on the NRA you will find that it was established as a reputable organization for hunters.  Somewhere between there and here they became the runner of guns to crazy people.  The seller of the Parkland gun was "mortified" that the weapon that was legally bought in his establishment was used for the massacre.  His mental health check was asking dude if he had a history of mental illness. Umm. Right.  

Most of these shooters put a lot of thought into their plans or they wouldn't be able to pull them off.  That guy in Vegas is a prime example of this.  Yes, it could have been worse and would have been if he hadn't offed himself like a coward.  Many active shooters do this when backed into a corner but only after they've mowed down innocents.  I thought it was kind of funny that the PD assigned to the Florida shooter said that he "expressed remorse" for what he had done which pretty much rules out an insanity plea.  He will spend the rest of his life in jail on our dime.  These are cases where I do believe the death penalty should be applied swiftly.  The evidence is there...use it and don't make us wait while you drag this idiot through the court system and we pay for it.

I try not to go off on tangents but this shit has got to stop, whatever it takes and I don't have answers.  They are out there though, and as a village we can figure it out if everybody plays nice.  What is particularly troublesome to me is that the white supremacy bunch claimed credit for this kind of like ISIS does when somebody sets off a car bomb.  These two groups are comparable in scope because of their focus on ethnic cleansing and violence.

I am a middle of the road kind of person and have changed my opinion on a lot of issues over the years: i.e. death penalty for mass shooters caught in the act.  And other murderers and rapists and such who are convicted on DNA.  I will remain pro choice 'til the day I die.  

So save your snarky comments and memes for somebody else on this issue.  Too many Americans are horrified with what is happening not just with this issue but all the other ones being tossed around like the wall and the Russians and the food stamp cutting.  This is not a rant because I don't have the energy for that.  It's just my thoughts and  a rainy dreary day is a good time to express them.

Keep the faith ~










No comments:

Post a Comment