Monday, February 26, 2018

the forked deer tour

As I pulled out of the lane this morning I noticed that the water is up to the spot where Daddy used to put a stake for measurement during the flood.  I headed to the chicken store for gas and saw the North Fork also creeping up next to Southtown.  Heading toward Jackson I crossed the flats as I like to call them and it was full to the brim.  My biggest fear is driving off into flood water when this stuff is only 2 feet deep.  

I arrived to find a happy but tired baby and we talked and visited while Lauren did her chores.  About the time we were mid snuggle on the floor my phone rang and I had to de-baby and talk to my LTD claims manager.  Time is of the essence ya know.  That didn't take long and I also got to watch two guys move a ginormous TV down the sidewalk while we talked.   Bonus points for entertainment.  The day started cool but warmed up quickly.  On the way home I did the deed and got the scrap company to come get the Cadi.  It's been sitting for two years and before we used it, had been up much longer than that.  I took Mom and Daddy to church in it and it was a gift from my late friend JL Yarbro.  Dance in the Graveyard Count Z.

Laughter? Is the best medicine ~


No comments:

Post a Comment