Thursday, February 8, 2018

from the back burner

My mother's cookbook is open on the kitchen table from where I made Helen Hines' chicken and dumplings.  Right next to it is another winner by Willa Thompson for crock pot chicken and dressing.  All I lacked was butter so there I went to you know where.  Plus I had low tires and the perfect gentleman newbie at Patterson Brothers helped me out.  I love that bunch to pieces.  They have towed, boosted and otherwise kept the Camry going all these years.  

So now for the military parade deal. If I thought for ONE second that this is about honoring our military I'd be all for it.  It's nothing but a blowhard wanting to look like other world leaders where the uniforms march precisely on order from their leader.  That is not what patriotism is about.  One thread I was read asked plainly why, if our POTUS wants so badly to honor the military does he not spend those millions on DAV or helping our families of current service members.  Because he's a self centered idiot, that's why.  Come on trolls.  Mama's feeling feisty.

Making a king cake looks way out of my realm so I'm gonna' shop for one online tomorrow which is when the eagle poops.  At this point my future is very uncertain but I have faith that things will work out as they are meant to be.  I'm just hoping that little black cloud stays away for awhile, right Sue!!

Leave room for the spirit to work ~





 


No comments:

Post a Comment