Sunday, November 12, 2017

tummy time

Reaves decided to stay up all night while i was snoozing in Lauren's bed so she woke me up to give her a break this morning.  Reaves slept for quite awhile and after a bottle we got down on the floor on her handmade afghan and played.  While on her back those arms and legs were all over the place and she delighted in watching TV.  Meet the Press, no less.  Then I flipped her over on her belly where she struggled but managed to lift her head up as if to show me what she could do.  Evidently tummy time is a thing with infants to strengthen their mobility.  At their house I get to watch real TV and we enjoyed several military movies in honor of Veterans Day.  This morning's NBC magazine type show covered the gamut and included veterans as well. The local Jackson station runs this ad about how cool it is to be from there and I see it often.  Catchy tune.  

The only store within blocks of there is this little Indian owned deal down the street where tampons cost 8 bucks.  The ice machine was broken and dude just kept pointing toward the ice cream freezer.  I didn't have a clue until he came out from behind the counter and showed me styrofoam cups prefilled with ice from a bag.  Lerd.

I visited Rock'n'Dough and Grubbs yesterday for a calzone and some essential oil.  Their made to order calzone is plenty for two and only ten bucks (without the giant cookie.)  While Reaves and I were doing gymnastics this morning I caught up with my Virginia bro via phone hotspot.  Always a challenge without wifi you know.  

More work on tap this week and weekend.  I had nothing for pain yesterday and my shoulder was throbbing by the time I laid it down for the evening.  The rest helped but I had to take some mega ibuprofen this morning.  Lauren has an ergonomic pillow which helped.  

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment