Monday, November 6, 2017

stirring the pot

As usual my common sense blog post about the deadly impact of assault weapons brought forth the usual hoo hah of guns don't kill people and 2nd amendment rhetoric.  It was pointed out to me that knives kill people too, and cars.  Point taken.  HOWEVER, most of these mass casualty events are perpetuated by white males with anger issues and availability of assault weapons.  Are bump stocks illegal yet?  They should be.  If any of you have seen the movie Frozen Ground you know that Cusack plays the part of angry white male with a gun.  That picture of him picking off the girl as she jumps will never leave my mind.  

Enough about guns.  I just talked to Reaves on speakerphone and she told me she loves grammaw.  I'm kind of in a fog because of working last night and the time change.  I had intended to go to Rosemary's funeral but didn't wake up until it was already happening.  I was there in spirit.  

I talked to an old friend last night who is doing travel nursing and is in MN of all places...until February!  She bought my mother's antique 3/4 bed and said I can have it back for Reaves.  How cool is that???  She kept it safe from the pickers when we were selling everything that wasn't nailed down.  I told her that was a God thing to me.  The unbroken circle.  She cared for my mother at the assisted living which ended up being her last home and loved her dearly.

The holidays are approaching and we will have a heck of a time getting the family on the same page due to work.  I just take it one day at a time and see what happens next.  Tomorrow morning I will be speaking to a health occupations class about the laboratory and I'm excited about that.  We need new blood in the field of laboratory medicine.  Not many people go into it because of lack of recognition and low pay compared to nursing.

And yes, I am a pacifist.  That is not a bad thing in a world gone mad.  How anyone can embrace the death penalty while opposing women's reproductive rights is a mystery bigger than I can explain.  

Ya'll remember who you are ~ 








No comments:

Post a Comment