Sunday, November 5, 2017

how many more?

We all know the drill by now.  Pissed off psycho with "assault style" weapon takes out his hatred on innocents.  Today's was the biggest mass murder in the history of the state of Texas which is well know for its' love of guns.  What disturbs me the most is that this man had a history of domestic violence and aggressive behavior which the service reprimanded and eventually dismissed him for.   Will someone PLEASE explain to me why it should be legal to own automatic weapons.  That is not your constitutional right.  The reason it's so easy is because the NRA is so powerful....bottom line.  That could and should be stopped because it was not the original intent of that organization  In the hands of Wayne LaPierre and a lot of lobbying and money changing, we are facing a world where these weapons are not only legal but easily obtained.  Why?  WHY?????  If Congress had any balls and put money on the back burner, this could be changed.  God is so sad, I believe, that we live in a time where greed and insanity rule.  

Healthcare in general and mental health in particular are a joke.  It's mostly based on the almighty dollar and to hell with you if you need help with your psycho sociopathic tendencies.  Throw a cocktail of pills at it and feed the beast.  Families are often the victims and are afraid to seek help when one of these nutjobs is in their bloodline.  "Oh, he's just "different."  Right.  I'm sure that's what Sandy Hook shooter's mom said when she bought the arsenal he used to kill her first.  

I went in to work at 3 today which is kind of odd but okay for once in a awhile.  We were busy and I watched the radar all evening waiting for the storms that are about to move in.  It should be quick and it has been abnormally warm these past few days.  The bugs have slowed down somewhat so that I can stomp the wasps instead of chasing 'em.  My friends Charlie, Sam and Glenda came out with the four kids today to Pecan Lane for family portraits.  We got a sneak peek before I left work and they are beautiful!!

Even as much joy as my daughter and grandchild bring to me, I feel sad for them facing what is considered normal these days.  Things are so random that it makes me scared to go anywhere which means they win.  Actually I don't like to go out anyway.  Ifeel safe here in my little cocoon of a home in the country and have several knives which I know how to operate thanks to Mamye.  My dogs are like a freaking home alarm system.  We had pecan pickers in the yard today but they were old timers so the boys didn't give 'em any trouble.

Peace be still ~

No comments:

Post a Comment