Wednesday, November 15, 2017

lerd

Things I've learned today:  Good shoes are a must for work.  So are good people.  The friendships that I have there are more than just something that you have to do.  It's the result of weathering the storms together and praying for each other and doing the right thing even when you're tired beyond belief.  There are daily shared grandbaby pictures from the grammaw club.  We cry, yell on occasion and work it out because really?  We all feel the love.  

I need to message KK and let her know that I'm just now cooking cornbread for dressing.  Lauren has requested that for our Thanksgiving visit.  Oh, and asparagus casserole, Janice style.  Lord how I miss that woman's cooking!  Her birthday is November 20th.  Ya'll blow her a kiss in heaven.

I saw one of the surviving members of the Sellers class today and that reminded me of both parents.  The last Thanksgiving we spent with Mama was at Maple Ridge all Cracker Barrel style laid out on the bed.  After that, Bubba put up her tree.  I can honestly say she had a great time there and Bubba was a large part of making it special.  

The Norman Rockwell depiction of Thanksgiving is one that we all hold dear.  Gotta meet up with 98 relatives that you can't stand and eat buffet style.  My tribe has diminished.  We catch up when we can and if it's close to a holiday well....bonus!

Love ya.  Mean it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment