Friday, November 10, 2017

me too

I'm happy to report that I have never been a victim of sexual harrassment or abuse which is pretty unusual.  I know tons of people who were and it leaves a scar that never goes away.  A sheltered life is not a bad thing.  I took a lot of chances when I was younger with older guys who were decent enough to stop when I said no.  Now the buzzword all over the net is masturbation in front of unwilling people.  Um.  Now, I don't know about y'all but if I were feeling victimized by that sort of behavior I would either walk away or tell somebody right away.  Not years later.  That's a conversation to have with your therapist.  

Many lives have been ruined by claims of sexual abuse and or harrassment when most of the time there is no proof.  I am a very strong advocate for womens' rights but what I see going on now is an attempt to grab headlines and ruin careers.  I respect Louis CK for saying "yes I did."  If we raise our girls with a sense of self worth and empowerment, these situations can be handled like any other invasion of privacy like drawing a line in the sand.  Sure...people in powerful positions get away with a lot of things.  Sometimes, we allow it because we are star struck or slaves to authority.  Once upon a time I was one of those women.  

I am not defending these men.  What they did and continue to do ( and it's not just men ) reeks of behavioral disorders straight out of the book with mental health diagnosis codes.  These folks feel entitled to push their agenda on other people, much like active shooters and other psychopaths and narcissists.  They get off on the power of disrupting the lives of others.  Rape is more of an act of domination and anger than for sexual pleasure.  

On a lighter note, I visited the cabin this afternoon and found that the entire roadway has been cleared of the white pines that were always a hot mess.  There is a clear view of that cool little red cabin and the ditches are clean.   The transformation continues.  

I'm off for the weekend so I'll be heading to see my girls tomorrow.  I'm sleeping in before I go because there is no sleeping in with Reaves around!  She went on a crying jag the other night during the CMA awards and Lauren danced her to sleep with country music.  

Y'all stay warm and seize the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment