Sunday, November 19, 2017

read my lips

I was fortunate enough to experience church at work today.  As I did an ID a patient's family was gathered to send her off to another department with prayer for a safe return.  I waited quietly and bowed my head with the group, thankful for that aspect of my job.  

Lauren and I are both sick as dogs and I even resorted to Lomotil from the chicken store on the way home.  She misses dat baby too.  Hell so do I!  Already :)  If I don't die from the epizootie overnight I'll have lunch with some friends and hook up with another one to discuss business.  If I don't make it through the night, talk kindly about me.  

As I was heading down the home stretch that is Pecan Lane I saw a truck parked in front of the house. I assumed it was pickers until I got closer and found Tommy and Shirley out and about taking pics.  After they left I dodged pecan chunks and waited for Bubba to come back up the road.  He thought he had missed a Thanksgiving dinner when he saw my post about our feast.  It was DAMN good food like my Mama taught us.  Not a lot left, either.  

I'm thankful for so many things it would be absurd to try and name them all.  There have been a million times I've hit a difficult vein and said "thankyoujesus".  Per Tiffany, I now follow it with an amen and "father!"  She sings gospel while she works and worries about her kids.  

Me and my road dog Mitzi took care of our part this weekend.  Others pitched in and helped with a very tight staffing situation.  We are warriors, no doubt.  

Y'all keep it between the ditches ~ Timmy D


No comments:

Post a Comment