Monday, November 13, 2017

dead skunk

After two weeks I finally got the stank out of my house that came from Sam's carousing.  All it takes now to get him out the door is a spray bottle!  I've enjoyed not having that smell in my nose.  Until this morning.

I was cruising along in the dark not paying much attention when I spotted a black and white puffy thing prancing in the road.  There was no time to swerve and I smooth ran over that skunk with a large thump.  Shortly after that the smell started and in spite of the windows being open all the say, I smelled like him when I got to work.  They were all like "not again with the skunk thing."  I took the Lysol outside and sprayed my car down and rolled up the windows real quick.  That kinda' sorta' fixed the inside but you can still smell it when you get to the rear of that trusty old Camry before loading up.  I've never seen so many of them in my life as this past few months.  They must be feral.  As I was headed home I noticed large vulchers circling the road real low and observed what was left of mr skunk.  Which wasn't much.  One of those giant birds almost smacked my windowshield...scared me to death!  I can still catch a faint whiff but a shower should fix that.  

Lauren will be going back to work in a couple of weeks so we've got limited time for this free range coming and going for family bonding.  The next visit will be them coming here on Thursday.  It's super hard to arrange when only one person can drive!  I wouldn't trade it for the world though.  We've grown into a little family the hard way three operations and a month in the hospital to boot.  Hopefully the next admission will be mine and there's a fix in my shoulder's future.  

We've been busy decluttering at the sawmill and it's therapeutic.  You know how you live in the same house for 20 years and just hide stuff to make room for the new stuff?  Yeah...kind of like that with a lot of papers and pieces of stuff that nobody knows what they go to.  We're soldiering on though.  One of the things that really made an impression on those health occupation teens in Newbern was when I told them that only 5% of the population gives blood for the other 95.  Even they could do the math.  Kids can donate at 17 and many of them do.  Schools require parental consent.  Public drives do not.

Reaves is O negative which means that's the only type she can safely get.  That's less than 15% of the population.  The "universal donor" so to speak.  My mother was O positive and my daddy O negative.  Thus, I got the pair of genes required to pass that Rh neg onto Lauren and she to Reaves.  

Catch ya'll on the flip side ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment