Wednesday, July 9, 2014

what day is it anyway?

Oh yeah, it's Wednesday...aka huuuuummmmppp day. Except not for me because I'm off just in time to finish cleaning up the poopie mess that was left after our plumbing crisis. Thanks to corporate for that and also for the back storm door which actually shuts for the first time in years. Maybe that will keep me from having to sell my first(only)born to pay TVA executives their bonuses. She's a good cook and a cleaning wizard so I might get a decent price for her. She's off to see her own wizard this morning and I have a quiet house. It's cloudy and humid, looking like a thunderstorm could pop up at any given moment. Let it rain, I say. In spite of being told there's room for improvement, I'm feeling pretty fortunate to still be kicking despite all the recent drama. I have been here before, at the bottom of the hole looking hopefully up with a shovel and keeping my eye on the light at the top. Dig and step back, ya know? Eventually you will emerge from the dark and that's when your giant snowball comes barreling down the hill for a head butt and return to step one. Ayep. It's one day at a time around here.

My dear high school friend Debbie Elder Cox lost her husband recently following a lengthy illness. We've been praying across the miles to Spring Texas for strength and healing. When she came to visit about 10 years ago she brought a copy of her one experience with the publishing biz, a very well written story about Rahab called The Scarlet Cord. Think the Bible with a steamy side! We went to the movie and she helped me put out a huge pasture fire that I accidentally set while burning off asparagus. At that moment, all that mattered was keeping the flames from covering the entire farm! Thank the lord for roads and ditches.

In a way I suppose it's a blessing to have BG available for the grands right now. I certainly can't keep up with their moods, but she has a way with the elderly that shows her best side...the social worker. She can make mama laugh with her british voice and will smooth tell daddy not to talk like that, old man. Theirs is a textbook case of aging in America during a time when the current generation of bread winners will never feel their security unless they're inheriting wealth. And there's a whole crapload of it out there! Redistribution is not the answer, and that's something that my friend Keith and I agree on. I hate the abuse that happens with entitlements but I also realize that there are people struggling right now who never did prior to 2008. I'm one of them, by the way. So, let's don't waste time on impeaching Obama or repealing Obamacare for the 80th time or trashing Hillary and Elizabeth and Harry. Nancy too. Just STOP!!!! I swear if you'll play nice and meet us demolibtards in the middle we can settle on a bi-partisan decision that life is too damn short to be spent playing political games. More than once I've seen the remark that "They'll do what they want to, no matter what we think." That's not what the founding fathers had in mind for us.

I stopped by Money Mike's this morning and visited with Sara a bit, reading the paper at her counter. There is a new editor who is hell bent on better front page news so I'm prepping my pitch which was totally ignored by the last guy. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya on that thought. And keep the faith ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment