Saturday, July 19, 2014

elders

Miss Mary and her daughter Juanita came by to scoop me up this morning for a visit with mom and daddy and surprisingly enough, they were both ready to receive visitors early in the day. We showed off the house and talked about each others' families which includes a lot of history pertaining to Calcutt Farms. Mary had a picture of the back of my house made in the 20s which I took a picture of with the bad ass Leica. Damn, I love that camera! Thanks Little John for that and the gas eating Cadillac. Mary told me that her daddy helped to plant the pecan trees that line my lane. A couple of them are hicans? which is a hickory nut and pecan mixture. My own father planted several himself. The magnolias over by the cabin behind the barn are still in bloom due to cool weather and I've yet to hear the ree'a'rees. No sweet corn either! Polar vortex indeed.

I haven't checked in with MSM yet so I don't have a clue who's shooting who or how the investigations are going. Sometimes you just have to opt out on reality, ya' know? All I know is that I will never fly Malaysian Airlines again, even though I never did. Lily is sharing the desk chair with me sucking up and wanting to jump on the keyboard and help. If she didn't think I'd smack her ass, she probably would. When she was a kitten she would lay on my shoulder like she did with Bracken's mom. Following many years of crazy cat lady escapades, she is our one and only le mew mew.

There is an issue that I'm really struggling with at the moment and I'd appreciate all kinds of prayer warrior attention for some peace in that area. Per my reality there are several challenges on the table but this one is wearing me smooth out. A real spirit killer, if you will. One of the curses of being a "strong willed child" is that it takes too many lessons to drive a point home and I end up battered and bruised. And doing the ugly cry WAYYYY too often! Point taken and the ball is back to me. Too bad I can't swing a racket or bat with this bum arm. T-10 days and counting.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment