Friday, July 25, 2014

warrior women

My ethereal kickass organic gardener friend came by for a visit today and it was quite warm but not humid so I'll take it. We sat on the porch and talked about ownership and addiction and whatnot. The thing that so many people don't realize about the process is that it's not just chemical altering substances. Behaviors can become addictive and OCD is one of the most painful for those who have to deal with the addict on a day to day basis. That is what my mama the southern belle deals with every day of her 81 year old life. Her choice, not mine. I ceased dropping and running to put out fires long ago because I'm old and tired and broke. Plus, my shoulder hurts like hell now that I'm off all OTC meds pre-op. Certainly don't want to bleed to death, ya know? Meanwhile, I might die from pain. What's a girl to do?

Booger came to the sawmill for a visit today wearing his camo flip-flops and clutching the remains of his breakfast. I got big sugars and more after I got home. They're headed for their own place next week which is totally a God thing in and of itself. Maybe by Thanksgiving we'll have a place to eat turkey and dressing not standing up. I'll pull out the good china and slap on a vintage tablecloth. There will be deviled eggs and pie all Paula Deen style and everybody gets a belly full. Wonder if I'm working this year? There probably won't be many more posts for weeks on end because frankly? It's not in my skill set at the moment. Thanks to Big Ernie I got the CTS on my left hand done for my last break from work. Like the little nurse said to me yesterday "You'd be amazed at what you can do with your left hand."

Indeed! Prayers appreciated ^j^



2 comments:

  1. You got 'em, Poopie and please return the favor. I'm sue for heart surgery sometime in the next 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUE - sorry I didn't proof read before.

    ReplyDelete