Wednesday, July 30, 2014

short and sweet

Against all odds I'm tapping on the bright yellow keyboard only about 18 hours post-op. The sling rig thing isn't nearly as confining as I expected so there's wiggle room for my hand as long as I don't wear it out. I figure it's good physical therapy, no? Surgery went well and I was stoned as a goose when I left for home. All my co-workers rallied to make it a good experience, well..as good as surgery can be! The surgeon arrived from Jackson right on time and it was over before you can say Dilaudid. Not for the woos, that stuff. The nurses were giggling at me and my wide eyed messedupedness as I left the building. I'm staying ahead of the pain so far and plan to keep it that way. BG and Shannah are excellent nurses. Cousin Mo brought dinner last night and my old friend Spike showed up with breakfast on the porch. God is good, all the time.

That's about all I can manage for now but hide and watch. I'll be back before you know it. Thanks for all the karma, prayers and happy thoughts. I wasn't the least bit scared and I feel sure that was the power of prayer lifting me up and over the fear. Once upon a time BF sent me an aluminum back scratcher in a care package and it will be my best friend in the coming days I think. There's a new candle on my dresser and a goodie bag of snacks from the peeps at work. Everything is situated right next the recliner and bed so I'm set.

Keep the faith!

2 comments:

  1. Now I am seriously pissed at Facebook. I missed all this stuff. Now I don't even know what you went under the knife for. Dag nab it. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete