Saturday, July 12, 2014

weekend update

It seems that the blogfairy takes many shapes and forms, the latest being a package of flea and tick meds for all our canine friends at Casa Poops. My friend Cyndi is a dog lover also and has a very liberal heart like myself. She always encourages me to keep writing because there are people like her waiting to read about our adventures on Pecan Lane. One man's trash, I suppose! My life is pretty boring most of the time now that I've adopted a zero tolerance policy for drama with no point. Ya'll all know the types, right? In all honesty I can admit that before I entered therapy I was the drama queen from hell, complete with a huge dose of anger that got directed at most anybody willing to take it. There weren't many takers but the one who did left my life years ago and never came back for even a visit. I still get angry but it's focused and on point not some raging diatribe against the world. I call things as I see them and that is interpreted as rebellion by many. Actually, it's just assertiveness.

My friend at work that I've missed terribly is BACK with a repaired back and he cut me loose for the afternoon so here I sit. We go all the way back to when he first started and we smoked together. Since then he's quit and I haven't so there ya' go. He was an early reader of the Poop Happens blog and also encouraged me to keep going. Just got a text from my phone provider (who shall remains nameless) ATT that once again we have gone over our 4G of data so an additional charge will apply. Now I'm not one to have to be facebooking or playing candy crush 24/7 and I spend a lot of time at the desktop Dell so I'm pretty sure they're cheating me. According to data usage on the phones involved, it's not possible. We shall see and let's send up happy thoughts for me and whatever outsourced call center person I get on the weekend.

No news is good news from the grands and they're back under the umbrella of home health which is enough for now. I'm still in shock over the guy in Spring TX where my friend Debbie lives killing half his wife's family. His fat ass collapsed in court as he was charged with murder for shooting an entire household execution style. His sleazy "Gotta'Call Saul" looking lawyer laments the fact that in spite of numerous protective orders he flew under the radar because of the huge gaps in mental health care delivery. Bullshit. Don't kill him, just give him enough haldol that he'll never be a threat to society again.

The CDC and NIH are in the news for their discoveries of thus far isolated virus and bacterial cultures which are being shifted across the country willy nilly for safe keeping. Knowing what I know about the feds, I am gravely concerned but I guess you gotta go somehow. At least it's not Ebola with the bleeding eyes. Booger is napping with two teenaged babysitters while his mama works and they're going grocery shopping after she gets off. We cleaned and filled the pool but haven't been in it so it'll be green again by tomorrow. I came home from work the other day and found it running over down the hill and driveway toward the lane.

Don't stop believing ^j

No comments:

Post a Comment