Wednesday, April 3, 2013

just chillin'

I've only worked three days in a row but it seems like about ten because so much has been going on. We had a disaster drill today and it was interesting watching as outside agencies worked with us and critiqued our response. We are right smack in the middle of tornado alley and also sit on a large fault called the New Madrid which means we are probably safe in case of nuclear attacks (for a few days until the fallout drifts) but very likely to receive damage from a twister or major earthquake. All entrances to our county are surrounded by tributaries of the Mighty Mississippi so if the bridges go, we're screwed. An island, so to speak. Our regular blood supply is out of Jackson so that would be out of the question. I remember during the "big one" that flood in 2010 where I also died in the back of a crackhead's pickup truck. People between Nashville and all of west Tennessee had to wait for roads to clear after the 13 inch rain. Then when the rain stopped, the mighty headwater headed towards the rest of the Forked Deer. It has a lot of forks ;)

Still no sun and more rain in the forecast. I gave up tanning about five years ago but I'm tempted to crawl in a bed just to warm up. I noticed a lot of my early blooming flowers failed to show this year and are just big bunches of green. I'm pretty sure I let 'em die back last year before mowing, but I could be wrong. There are these cute little baby's breath bushes outside of BG's room that got chopped at severely in the fall so they're kinda stark looking. Not even a SIGN of asparagus yet, which is unusual. Maybe global warming has been reversed!

I am appalled at the infighting currently going on this world and seriously wondering if all these cyber-attacks on banks aren't some kind of power rangers getting back all that they stole from us over the years. The banking industry, as a whole, has profited more off the backs of the average worker than any other sector except healthcare. Ya'll do the math. Wall Street collapsed because of inappropriate oversight involving greedy bastards wanting more and more and when the whole thing went down? They were off free as a bird, still rich and working class America lost their retirement. Happened in the 80's too.

That is why I'm glad I have an artist in my soul somewhere, always trying to get out through one venue or another. Writing and photography are both passions for me as well as preserving the past through antiques. They are fun things, and if I can figure out how to make a few bucks in the process so be it. I just don't ever want the pressure of having to do it to eat because the financial stability isn't there most of the time. Plus I don't have equipment that is um, how you say? Easy to work with. There's a new laptop headed my way from WA as BJ and Risible attempt to get through their current hurdle with his health and her hovering. Love ya girl..mean it. Sometimes I wonder what I could do if I had all the time in the world to devote to writing. I'd probably be outside digging!

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment