Saturday, October 27, 2012

weekend update, not by seth

As seven day stretches go, this has been one of the most difficult emotionally for me in a looooooong time. I'm talking random people just checking to see if we're "okay." Faith came home yesterday afternoon and is recovering on my bed with Sammy on watch by her side. He always wanted to be her boyfriend, and in all ways but sexually he is! Ryder has passed her in stature now, a tall proud lab/something mix who looks like a deer. I know in my heart that the reason she had pups at such an advanced age was so that we could have a living part of her for many more years. She is old, and tired. The delivery almost killed her, and now this infection. I see the look in her eyes, the one that says please help me to die with dignity. And I will. I go to check on her now and then and when she hears my footsteps her eyes search for me. The breathing that was labored earlier is slowing down allowing her to rest. That, is what it's all about.

My sprunty little mama has decided to take one last road trip with the girls to Pickwick. The plan is that her seventy something year old paid "driver" will deliver her to an 80 year old friend's house and they will continue on their journey with Ms.J at the helm. If I didn't think she needs to go worse than I need a sugardaddy, I'd be concerned but hey..you gotta go someway. Daddy looks better since the home health folks picked him back up as a client. While he still stares at his watch and ODs on Bonanza, he's in a much better mood with the tweak in meds and some personal care. One day at a time, ya'll.

My friend Sue has just returned from a tour of several countries including Israel. I'm sure she'll have tales to tell once she recovers from the jet lag that always accompanies that type of trip. The last few times I saw her prior to the trip, my parting words were a damn good imitation of a middle eastern terrorist...AYEAYEAYEAYEeeeee! A staunch Democrat with views that are dang near identical to my own, she is a joy to be around. Nothing gets us going faster than somebody talking about how good Dubya is. Ack and barf.

It got cold last night for the first time and I can breathe MUCH better because of it. One of the big reasons I don't like central gas heat is because it's so dry and irritating. My friend who works at the salt cave says it will cure what ails you in the respiratory department and she would know. She's been parked there between clients for a couple of weeks now. When she stayed with me for a month last year her bed was the couch in the cold living room with a portable heater fan next to her head and clothes hanging in the doorway to dry. Fun times.

There is a young lady that I know who is facing a very serious matter in court this week, a sentencing for something that happened several years ago. As a result of her drug abuse, a woman was killed in a collision involving this young girl. I have very mixed emotions about all of it as I know the family of the lady who was killed as well. It is a tragedy that affected two families and it's up to the court system to dole out her punishment. She's been clean and sober since the accident, through intense rehab and family support. Shortly after her accident, her father was struck and killed by a drunk driver and the irony of that hangs in the air still, a constant reminder of the old saying "what goes around comes around." There is no justice in that though. It's all in Big Ernie's plan.

The holidays are approaching which is always a big deal for some folks...not so much for me anymore. We rarely give gifts and do well to manage a meal together to say thanks or merry Christmas. When I think back now to how in debt I used to go just to give people stuff on Jesus' kinda sorta birthday, I realize the truth that lies in the "reason for the season." Thanksgiving dinner is becoming a thing of the past with many folks opting for a restaurant to avoid intensive cooking and cleaning. Most businesses run normally on that day and employees are forced to squeeze in time with family between shifts. I've always worked on holidays so it's not a biggie.

I'm still sorting and sifting which is a divine way to piddle and discover things to do crafty stuff with. My frame partner is pretty busy but will get to it when time allows. He is the kind of guy who will not only buy the parts for a tuneup but do it in the parking lot at work! Good friends are always appreciated. He needs the extra money just like I do so here we go being artistic and whatnot.

I could do worse than to dream big ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment