Sunday, October 21, 2012

toil and trouble

I am currently typing my way toward a long autumn's nap with the dogs. We had a Halloween party for about a kazillion kids and assorted grown up superheroes and I was in awe of what one family can do when it comes to childhood memories. The youngest member of the tribe is only about a month out-of-womb so he got held close in the cool October evening air. Anna and her crew decorated for two days and brought wood for a bonfire, boy scout style. There was a devil who got scared as hell when all the troopers went down the steps to where the fog and cobwebs were. It wasn't long until I saw her dancing around the fire with a pitchfork. Scary stuff, people. The Cubs player took 'em all on a hayride where several folks jumped out and screamed just in time to scare their little selves to death. And then? I found twin Waldos. You can't make this shit up!

BG Daddy came by today and we sat and talked as a family for the first time in forever. We're on a mission together and I do believe that Big Ernie is all up in that these days. As for me? I'm wore ass out from all the drama. Thank goodness my peeps understand and cut me some slack when it's time to escape from point A to point B. He's somewhat of a bigot but I totally understand from whence he came. My experience in race relations was a much kinder gentler version. Son and Ms.Lockey lived across the road and had all manner of chicken houses and hog pens. My first memory of wading in the water was the backwater from the Forked Deer behind their house which is long gone. Now it's just a gathering place for farm equipment.

Nobody much can express their true opinions anymore even in a blog without being labeled as a trouble maker of some sort. My daily bread includes HuffPost and CNN for the breaking news and or political updates. That is the Poopie version of fair and balanced, umkay? While most voters already have their minds made up, I'm not one of them. Never fear ya'll..my precious ballot will not go to Mittens. There are a couple of dark horses in this race who just might make a difference if we listen to reason and just say no to the two party system. My liberal friends are putting their faith in the president in spite of birthers and mean SS teachers and whatnot. And the Boy Scouts, for god's sake!! Just like the priests. Celibacy is not for sissies.

I was a little bit tipsy the other night and rented The Raven on PPV. I must say that I much prefer my celebrity boyfriend to be the dog lover or honest rancher rather than the wanderer of streets like a freakin' madman. But then again? As Jon Lovitz would say "It's ACTING!!!!" Everybody knows that there's a final debate coming up and I wonder how many folks will actually tune in and listen to what the candidates (and fact checkers) have to say. George McGovern would wonder as well. Dead at the age of 90, bless his heart, he led the mission to dethrone Tricky Dicky. We all know how that one turned out what with Watergate and all. There is a growing movement of conspiracy theorists, much more numerous since 9/11 and I am one of them. Looking over my shoulder I see the Cuban missile crisis and Camelot and a shitload of good old boys who got their way because the sheeple didn't take time to make up their own minds and voted along party lines instead. It's much easier than being engaged in the process. Ditto for all the wars since WWII.
That's all the wisdom I have for today. Stay tuned for more dances around the harvest fire ^j^









1 comment:

  1. The sheeple will one day wake up and discover that the pen is closed, and the fleecing has begun.

    ReplyDelete