Thursday, October 11, 2012

phoneless in tennessee

For the third time this year and second time THIS MONTH my phone has gone rogue requiring much retracing of steps and whatnot to retrieve said piece of crap lifeline and all of the magic numbers therein. Nobody would steal it because it's not smart at all but I guess somebody with a lot of determination could use it to call all over the world setting up a terrorist attack that would be traced right back to Pecan Lane. The first time I was rushing around moving my mom from hospital to nursing home and left it on top of the car while driving off. The hubs of one of my childhood friends found it in the parking lot and it made its' way back to me. The two most recent incidents were in the public bathroom at work and luckily both time it was retrieved. BG called me this afternoon while I was backtracking and got one of the nurses who had found it and returned it to my co-workers. We don't even have a switchboard or lost and found anymore so we're on our own to take care of each other!
I'm still a month away from upgrade so I was pretty worried, nah...frantic!! When rushing around robbing Peter to pay Paul that is not what a girl needs when there's no happy pill in the house. Just sayin'.

My brother will hopefully be a grandfather soon as his year old border collie is having a conjugal visit with his choice of male. I've accompanied him to get two babies from litters in a neighboring county. The "crazy dog lady" also has cats and all other types of critters. His first pick was Bandit, a beautiful red and white with steel blue eyes like Paul Newman. He lives on a busy highway and one day Bandit managed to get out of the pen and get hit. I've never seen my brother so upset in my life. Border collies are a farm guy tradition handed down from my daddy the cattle man. He never had much luck with them because they were mostly penned up and ran for it when they got the chance. His last attempt ended up with the poor dog falling out of the truck bed and being drug down the highway. After that, he just didn't have it in him to care about a dog.

I am such an animal lover that I'll almost take a ditch to keep from hitting a critter like bunnies and squirrels. Snakes, I have no problem squishing with the trusty old Camry. Almost 90K miles total, and only about 40 on the new engine. Sure, it needs some work but it's kinda sorta paid for and my credit is so bad I'll never get another one. Meanwhile, things are cooling on down many days and we're learning to layer up and do without propane until the pipes freeze. Then, who knows what we'll do. I don't worry about it anymore..it is what it is. If worst comes to worst, I'll sleep on the couch at my parents' house. It's warm there!!

It's ladies night so maybe I'll manage to stay up past 7PM. Or not. Ya'll remember who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment