Saturday, October 13, 2012

out and about

I rarely go out to dinner because: a. It's not in the budget and b. once I'm home I hate getting back out. Yep...that's what happens when you get old. Last night I went out with BG and Anna for some Mexican and it was fun to just get out and see somebody besides the dogs..LOL. Speaking of which, we have five at the moment. I'm babysitting this six week old puppy that got dropped off at a friend's work...little bitty fiest looking thing, cute as pie. She cried like a baby until I put her on the bed, now whe's sleeping like one. You just never know what a day will bring.

It's a beautiful day in the hood, probably one of the last few warm and sunny ones so I should be outside and will be later. Maybe a nap first ;) It looks really strange around here with the cotton fields empty...all brown and drab. Leaves are turning slowly reminding me that this growing season has almost reached its' end. One of my longtime dreams has been to have a greenhouse so I can grow stuff all winter. I went so far as to download a building plan but it never happened because of the cost. That was back in the day when a large part of my paycheck went to the guy with the nursery up the road. A funky little place in a couple of shacks, he had everything you could imagine, even tropicals. Between the arbors were wildflowers and other perennials. Just.Like.Heaven. He sold it to family and they closed it within a year.

The grands are quiet so I'm assuming all is well. They talk to one of us every day and Ms Faye is in charge along with home health. As long as it works, it is what it is. I know most of the home health team and we keep it pretty straight along with the wonderful geriatric doc they've got and his nurse. He understands the situation and allows the time to tweak meds and check mental statuses. Most doctors these days don't allow time for conversation with the patient and family...they just run 'em through like cattle. We got lucky with this guy. Originally from CO, he and his family are visiting there now.

I've backed off on politics because it's getting really dirty now and that's just not my style. I've been attacked on FB several times just for being my moderate self by people who barely know me and who become immediately unfriended. If they're gonna talk to me like that about my opinion without respect for middle ground, to hell with them. There are plenty of other people to pick a fight with out there who will agree with you. That's what blows my mind most aboutthe GOP...the negativity and anger involved in their campaigns. Granted, some Dems do it as well but they usually get called down by people like me who just want to get along. Another thing I've noticed about Republicans is that they feel a real need to convert you out of "love" and whatnot. I mean after all, it makes total sense to kill people on death row but not unborn babies. Pro-life? I think not.

The thing that bothers me most every single day is the length, cost in both money and lives and ultimate non-purpose of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I mean for real...the troops are tired and scared and need to be here with their families securing our own borders and getting ready for drone attacks and WWIII. This occupation is the longest war that the US has ever been involved in because really? There was no purpose other than to say "gotcha" to the terrorists. Somehow, it has backfired.

That's all I've got for today, but it's early so stay tuned for other random crazy events. And remember who you are ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment