Wednesday, October 10, 2012

leap of faith

My schedule changes a lot according to who's working and who needs the day off and whatnot. Most of the time I'm due in at six AM so it's still dark when the alarm goes off. Last night the cotton pickin' crew was at it until after bedtime so I watched their headlights through the window and thought about how much cotton is being picked here in the space of a week. Gotta beat that weekend rain, ya know. My alarm went off at 4:45 as usual and I hit snooze only it didn't call back so I woke up at five minutes 'til six and called my co-workers to tell 'em I was on the way. Sondra called back as I was brushing my teeth and told me I wasn't due until eight. Holy.Moly. If it wasn't for good luck, I'd have no luck at all.

I heard that tonight is when Joe Biden and Rick Santorum Paul Ryan are set to debate on the state of our union and foreign affairs. As usual, I will skip the live crap and get spoon fed the next day by the media. *snort* Ya'll all know that's how I roll. At this point in time, I could care less who is president. The issues that face us in the days prior to the election are something that neither can fix unless Congress gets rid of the idiots. I had to giggle today when I read that Sesame Street asked O not to use Big Bird in his ads when all Romney could come up with was that the debate moderator is a friend of the president. Already he's whining. I also heard about a representative from my HOME state, the Volunteer one, that was a walking womanizer for years and strongly urged his GF at the time to have an abortion, the very thing that republicans rail against. I'm sure sex addiction is on the list too.

I readily ask for help when I need it because hey..I'm getting on up in years and know my limits. My legacy from the grands is a double dose of oseteoarthritis and a strong family history of colon cancer. As I type some of the finest farmers that I know are winding up a cotton season plagued by the very same drought that stunted the corn. Just like the grapes of wrath, ya'll. BG took me to work and spent the rest of her day helping one of her "kids" make out birthday invitations. There is a job interview scheduled which is something positive if we can just figure out how to get a few more months out of the Neon. The very same one that got her to UTM and back for that social work degree.

Honestly, I don't know what I'm gonna do when Weeds is over this year. Even though I don't have the premium channel that airs it, I enjoy going back in time with the Botwin/Newmans. I notice something new every time..thanks TV Guide channel! I ran into old friends at the sawmill today but am not allowed to talk about it other than how happy I was to see them and get hugs. Then, out of the blue, a less old friend showed up in the parking lot while in town for business just to see me for a minute. It's a long story that will go to the grave with me and always includes smiles and hugs. Like I said, blessed to the max.

And yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment