Thursday, October 25, 2012

babylon and pymetra

If you're like me, you've never heard of either of them until they become a major problem. Babylon is some kind of thing that takes over Firefox (even after un-installation) and redirects at will which totally pisses me off. Obviously many others have had the same problem because there's a shitload of advice on the Mozilla support site about how to get rid of the bitch. I did it once before and I'll be damned if it didn't come back! How in the world do folks know what to do when there are all sorts of techno wizards out there figuring out ways to eff up a browsing experience. Word to the wise: Babylon as search engine, toolbar and whatever else it does is a pain in the butt when used in conjunction with Firefox.

Pymetra is what Faith had surgery for yesterday and we picked her up after work smiling and happy to be home. It is a life threatening uterine infection that can affect both dogs and cats who have not been spayed, usually about a month after they come out of heat. Which is exactly how it happened to her! She began to bleed and bloat and of course we thought she was pregnant again. After examination by the vet it was determined that she had this BAD uterine infection so they had to spay her at the age of ten! Oh.My.Lord. Almost six hundred bucks. Add that to a tire blowout earlier in the week and you can imagine how I'm waiting not so patiently for payday at midnight. I've been robbing Peter to pay Paul all week, scurrying daily to the bank to cover that day's mishaps. Today's deposit was a big fat twenty cents to cover a .17 overdraft in order to avoid a service charge of 32 bucks. *sigh* This is my life and my favorite window teller totally got a snicker out of it. Anywho...after we got Faith home last night, she continued to bleed from her incision site after straining really hard to make a poop so she had to go back in today for another overnight visit with the critter people. "Observation." She's doing well, happy and healthy...just a routine surgical complication that may require more resolution in the morning. One more good reason to get your female canine fixed ASAP not ten years later!

The grands are hobbling along trying to run the freakin' world from that red log cabin down the road and it's about to take a toll on this old gal in addition to all the other various and sundry dramas that seem to keep popping up. We're on a more positive slope now with most of that but I am more than tired. As my dear friend Marti Ann used to say "I'm weary." Mom is more and more on a mission daily to either find something long gone or get something done right.damn.now in spite of the fact that she's blind and can't walk. I walked in the other day to find her on her knees in the closet looking for a particular outfit that was not even there but hanging in the cabinet with the rest of her stuff. Whenever she can't find something, she routinely calls to ask if I borrowed it. Somebody hold me now!!

We've got the lane posted and law enforced so the crackheads are not as abundant as last pecan season. There's a cold snap coming which is probably nothing compared to that "perfect storm" brewing on the east coast. Sometimes it's a blessing to live inland. My yankee friends came out to pick the other day only to find that they know very little about pecans in general and picking specifically. But hey..they had a good time outside!

My favorite patient ever passed away last evening, my inspiration in the spitfire department. Since she married a serviceman and moved here from England many years ago and there are no family other than said husband, there will be no wake or service, per her request. I have a call into him to ask permission to accompany he and the funeral director to the cemetery and pay my respects. I reckon it'll be just the three of us if he calls back. If not, I will always know in my heart that she loved me like the daughter she never had and I was her "favorite nurse." I will always remember the way her fact lit up when I entered the room.

All prayers appreciated and felt ^j^













No comments:

Post a Comment