Friday, February 3, 2023

the baby, the soup and the tree

There is a huge hackberry tree out by the front porch where our cottonwood once stood. It grew up around the old tree and when the cottonwood went down, she took over.  It is covered in ivy and Reaves has an imaginary baby out there that she takes soup to.  It is usually dirt and water with a little something mixed in but the baby likes it.  It's kind of a ritual now.  Their cat is parked on my bed and prolly will not move so let's all pray Henry doesn't scratch me up.  I figure that as long as I don't move, he's cool.

Today was Kroger pickup and a few errands finding me back at home where I've been all week.  There are still patches of ice here and there but it's slowly melting.  Another one of my stories was in the Gazette today and I'm hoping to ramp that up in the near future as life allows.  I'm telling y'all, this getting old is not for sissies.  If it ain't one thing it's five all at once.  I bought some curcumin today to help with inflammation and whatnot so we shall see.  

I miss my girls which is an understatement.  Not seeing Reaves is affecting both Lauren and me but it is what it is.  Today is Lauren's second day post-op so of course she's feeling "not too great."  I plan on visiting her tomorrow if fate allows.  The biggest thing I've learned in life is to go with the flow and take care of myself so that I can be there for others.  

Have a great weekend y'all.  Love you like chicken ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment