Sunday, February 26, 2023

the internet hates me

I woke up this morning all ready for my AM time on the laptop and found that suddenly all my passwords were gone and I was "paused" on Google.  I am un-paused but still can't get into Facebook on the laptop or email on my phone.  Modern dilemmas! I suspect malware and Meta getting ready to charge us for what has been free.  Just my opinion though.

At church last night there was a huge crowd of folks ready to cast ballots.  I saw folks that I haven't seen in years and some that I see every Sunday.  In the end, the vote reflected that a 2/3 majority did not pass the disaffiliation proposal.  It was kinda' sad knowing that I will never worship with some of them again. But you know what?  We're still friends on the journey of life.

I haven't given anything up for Lent except for mean people.  Ain't got time for that.  There's lots of them out there.  I have watched a bit of Alex Murdaugh's testimony and seriously?  What does he hope to gain from that.  Even if he is found not guilty of murdering his family, the other crimes are enough to put him away for life.  Fraud.  Money laundering.  Stealing the housekeeper's settlement.  And on and on.  

Fast forward to today.  Lauren came yesterday evening and we sorted through her clothes and stuff.  There appears to be things missing like a jewelry box with family heirlooms.  Me and Lorna got there at the last minute to scoop it all up but I don't remember seeing that particular item.  Perhaps some kind soul saved it for her.  We went to different churches today and hers sounded pretty cool.  She got to hold a chocolate lab puppy like Faith once was during the whole service.  As for me, our congregation seemed to be happy and hopeful that the worst is over.  It was the usual faithful crowd minus the ones who left.  I actually got goose bumps when the choir performed their anthem.  

I am focusing more now on writing and such....maybe a side gig besides that.  It's just me so I have to figure it out, Lord willing.  I do know that my mental health is first and foremost.  And that's what counts ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment