Sunday, February 12, 2023

cotton candy sunset

I went to Jackson to see my girls today.  Thanks to constructive co-parenting and BFFs we managed a lunch date at Rock'n'dough where Reaves ate nothing and climbed under the table in our booth because she wanted to sit by all of us.  I tipped the waitress good because we took up space for a LONG time and she was super sweet.    After that, things went downhill. You have a five year old kid who has two mommies and doesn't know which one is real.  They both are Elizabeth.  One gave birth to you and I was there when it happened.  Me and the CRNA had mama held down on both shoulders during the section.  They knocked her out then and handed you to me.

There were a lot of complications following your birth so I was there quite often.  Daddy stopped by every day to say hi to his punkin.  You were an inquisitive baby who loved everybody and you're next.  On the rocks outside of Talbot I watched you learn to walk and then run.  I could barely keep up!  You are my one and only grandchild and that is important to remember.  What you do with your life is up to you.  You can make a change or act out like an idiot.  You are more than that, ya' know?  You are loved and cherished by your families.  That is enough.  

You have a lot of mothers in this world.  I'm the grand one and there are the others who dedicate their lives to raising you up right.  You get to go see Mickey and Minnie on spring break and I know you will be over the moon!  I have never been there but your mama called me one time from a church trip on a giant phone.  She and Kimo got in a little trouble but not bad.  Hey....they were 13.

Someday YOU will be 13 and making decisions about your life along with your parents.  I'm not one but I'm Gaga so here you go:

always tell the truth
be kind
accept others where they are
know your boundaries
prepare for the worst with faith
love one another
be humble
enjoy nature
grow things
keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment