Wednesday, February 1, 2023

risky business

I'll be headed out early tomorrow morning to Tennova Jackson for Lauren's surgery, Lord willing and the ice don't come.  I ventured out this morning to go the chicken and dolla' stores and did fine.  She said Jackson didn't get it as bad as us so I'm banking on that.  I for sure won't be leaving before daylight whenever that is.  She is scheduled for 8:15 so if all goes well I'll be there when she goes in and comes out.  Fingers crossed and big prayers for all of us.

We got some serious cabin fever going on around here which is to be expected.  I really didn't think it would be as bad as it was but our whole town was paralyzed yesterday by a few inches of frozen precipitation.  The sun came out this morning and there was some thaw on my steps, enough to where I could skate over to the car  and drive out.  When I got home I parked right next to the steps so I don't have to walk over the concrete slab coated with icy demons.  I will say a big fat thank you baby jeebus and my parents for the carport which kept my vehicle relatively ice free. 

"The animules", as Mayme calls them, are just chilling and staying warm like me.  I haven't checked the propane in a few days but it was at 70% last time I looked and I'm being frugal.  I owe this guy a bunch of money but he's always taken care of me during winters here on the farm.  He knows I'm good for it just like Mayberry does.  I may see if the neighbor will mow my yard too!  I doubt it.  

It's odd to be thinking about grass cutting right now but it will be here before you know it.  Usually the end of March is our first mow.  I foresee zero time to do a garden this year so I'll have to settle for some flowers in pots.  Hey...I know my limits.  

Y'all stay warm and keep those prayers coming ^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment