Monday, May 31, 2021

it's on with the hummers

I have two feeders, one in front and on out back.  At one point yesterday I had no less than five hummingbirds battling it out for a position.  They get really in a "twit" when somebody new comes around.  Especially when there's a flock of 'em.  

We officially lit up the house Saturday afternoon and it was a lot of fun.  Being surrounded by friends is the warmest feeling ever.  I went to see the girls yesterday and we made more memories.  Nestle Toll House cafe is not serving food yet so we got Reaves a couple of high dolla' cookies and went on over to Panera to eat.  Also very high priced.  I mean, who do we think we are????

Lauren's has been struck with the same luck I had with the Camry when the motor went out on the window.  I can't tell you how many times I took my parents to church with the plastic blowing in the breeze, right passenger side.  Yep, that was Mama.  It all happened when Tara leaned on the button with her big beefy arms and the whole thing went down.  I had to have glass AND a motor. And UCMTSU!

I sit here in silence thinking about how many Americans lives has been lost in battle over the generations. I was dead set against Iraq from the get go and look where it ended up.  You have a whole bunch of soldiers who can't forget what they saw and have carried that horror all their lives.  When Lauren was in elementary school Robert Taylor served in Desert Storm.  We worked together at the hospital for many years.  

Sometimes I wonder if vets even think that the freedoms they fought for are still in place.  It is war mongering to spend government money to try and "fix" another culture.  It is what it is.  I'm much more concerned about the availability of automatic weapons in this country.  The gun lobby is quite powerful and they play that second amendment hard.  I agree with the right to bear arms.  Except for the repeating kind that crazies use to murder innocents and then off themselves for a moment of glory.  Dude, you are dead.  There will be no replay in heaven or hell or wherever you went.  Purgatory maybe?  Guns and mental health don't belong together.

I'll let y'all know when I get this historical piece worked out.  It will  be published soon.  Peace and grace^j^


1 comment: