Thursday, May 27, 2021

an open book

I am up front and honest to a fault, as most of you know.  This has served me well and also gotten me into a lot of messes.  That is why I always ask permission for story telling if real names are involved.  I am curious as to why my latest request for a historical interview has been declined, but I guess some folks don't want others to know their business.  Fine with me y'all.  I respect your privacy and just like to be inclusive.  That is why my writing project about the farm will be missing a piece of the history.  

I am pretty much being gaslighted by the surgeon in MemphisI because I don't fit his criteria as a patient able to survive that kind of shit.  Its all about survival rates and the deaths count against you as a medical professional.  I ran into this when one surgeon did a procedure on my grandmother and went on vacation shortly after.  His partner was all all about covering his ass and keeping her alive artificially until Jimbo showed back up.  UCMTSU.  She had advocates along the way like Neil McKee and Rusty Scara and Mike Campbell.  All of these folks helped us to make a compassionate decision.

My daughter knows my wishes and she will respect that when the time comes.  As for me, I'll be going to Jackson on Sunday for a visit at the house.  Lauren is scoping out new places to eat that are kid friendly.  I'm pretty sure Reaves is gonna' bet a big time baller....just saying.  

Grace and peace to you and your mama'n'them ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment