Monday, May 24, 2021

broken..in the best possible way

I am deep into a book that is a true story but details all the struggles of people who have mental health issues.  Which is all of us, by the way.  This author has drug resistant depression and anxiety and her latest book details how she fought with the insurance companies to get the treatment she needed to get her life back on track.  She has a daughter and a terminally tolerant husband and is funny as hell.  All I've ever read is the funny stuff.  This book has a lot of that but it's also a serious look at mental health treatment and how if we all just be nice it makes things better.  The last chapter I read was a bunch of tweets from readers about their most humiliating experiences.  I can totally relate.  You know like, when you do something stupid and you beat yourself up for being stupid instead of laughing at it.  That's what we have to do.  Nobody will remember.  Seriously.  You'll never see them again!  

I felt something weird today and I'm not sure what it was.  Kind of melancholy and in transition without a lot of purpose.  I did my job and had a joyful time at it.  It was too hot to sit outside for long so we just chilled in the house.  We browsed through pictures of her childhood and she told me who was who.  Man did she love her brother.  

My biggest challenge so far is to learn to write without smoking.  I'm the typical chain smoking writer from a newspaper trying to make a deadline.  Which is why I've been absent lately.  I can tell you this.  Nicotine patches and Himalayan salt have been my go to meds and I use them daily.  

Y'all walk the walk.  Talk ain't nothing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment