Wednesday, May 12, 2021

lake county lost

I can't tell you how many times I have found myself wandering through cornfields in the Lake/Obion county area, not at all sure where I was.  I wasn't very good at using GPS back in those days.  Once when I was doing a shuttle for John Ruskey of Quapaw Canoe I drove his vehicle back from Hickman KY and ended up somewhere totally off the map.  He would have died if he knew that his truck was being driven by an idiot with no sense of direction.  I did, however, somehow make it to where I was supposed to be.  

My trip tomorrow will be GPS assisted to attend a graveside service.  It takes a lot to get me to the cemetery on a good day but this is a special trip to see some great friends in their time of grief.  I am doing research with local publications to see if they're interested in what I have to offer.  I also have some editorial help so that's cool.  I was driving out of paradise today when a guy weedeating threw a rock my way.  We turned around and went back and me and dude exchanged phone numbers.  As it turned out, it was just a little nick and my windshield is full of them.  Dammit...on my new to me car.  But, I digress.

This I40 bridge thing is way scary.  The truck traffic alone is enough to cause a crack not even counting commuters and tourists.  Those two times that I rode to Hot Springs I was afraid for my life around West Memphis.  I'm talking caravans of 18 wheelers.  Which brings me around to fuel hoarding

Jesus H, people.  You are not only greedy and paranoid but dumb as a box of rocks carrying around trailers full of gas like it's the end of the world.  You are begging for an accident.  You don't have to top it off every day, much less store it in plastic containers to catch your property on fire with a stray lightning strike.  Get real.

I'm tired of stupid people.....the followers and believers who don't know how to think for themselves.  That Trump is still a factor in what is happening in our country right now is absurd.  What the GOP did to Liz Cheney is nasty and typical.  Rant over.

Meanwhile in the land of rainbows and fairies, I'm hanging in there like a champ.  Hope you are the same ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment