Tuesday, May 25, 2021

what would janice do?

My friend Jimmy suggested that I need a house warming so we set it for this Saturday. Weather looks good and humidity lower.  I have to figure out how to feed these visitors so I think a BBQ bundle would be the wisest thing.  Bubba will be absent but he's loaning me his fold out table.   Pickwick calls!

Janice would clean her house up and be ready to receive company.  I remember helping her to do luncheons for the bridge club when she could no longer see to cook.  We always has asparagus bundles.  And fruit salad.  My mama taught me to cook but she didn't learn from hers.  Gaga could only do goulash to perfection.  She was my Gaga, ya' know.  I'm pretty sure I was the favorite because I was first but who knows.  She loved us all equally and spent a lot of money trying to show it.  

In the end, everything my Pawpaw worked for went to things he didn't intend.  There was a lot of enabling going on up in there and Gaga died a pauper.  All I can say is at least she had fun along the way!  Trips galore with Ms. Jack and everybody else.  Some day I will go to Vermont and visit those covered bridges she coveted.  

Jenny with a Y has taught me that history is precious.  I've never gone all out Ancestry.com but Daddy did.  Somewhere in these piles lay the history of my heritage.  Stafford is British and Agee is French.  You see?  We are all immigrants.

I got that fake letter from Biden today promising me more money when I have already gotten what's there.   Fine with me dude.  I'm grateful for what I got.  His return address was the IRS.  I still owe them 16 bucks which hasn't been debited yet.  I would suggest they hit me after payday.

Happy hump day eve kids.  Keep the faith^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment